Steps in Praying the Divine Chaplet. Use the beads of a Rosary:
- (Crucifix) Sign of the Cross
- In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
- (1st Bead)
- You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, Unfathomable Divine Mercy, cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
- O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You (Repeat 3x).
- (2nd Bead) Our Father
- Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed by Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- (3rd Bead) Hail Mary
- Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- (4th Bead) Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ His Only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence, He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
- (5th Bead and for every bead preceding a decade)
- Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
- (For every bead of a decade):
- For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- (After the last decade)
- Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world (Repeat 3x)
- (Closing Prayer)
- Eternal Father, in Whom Mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your Mercy in us, that in difficult moments we may not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen
Note: The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy was given by Jesus to a Polish nun, St. Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938) which she wrote in her Diary, to spread this devotion to the whole world. This prayer is to be prayed at the hour of Great Mercy, 3:00 in the afternoon, by which time, our Lord died on the Cross to redeem the world. It is promised by Jesus that whoever prays this prayer, no matter how great the sin, will be saved at the hour of death. This prayer can also be prayed for someone else, as done by St. Faustina, which she related in her diary. The Divine Mercy Sunday is celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter Sunday.
JESUS I TRUST IN YOU!
To God be the Glory!